UNiRIDE E-Bike Rental Service Agreement
Thank you for using UNiRIDE. UNiRIDE provides an electric E-Bike rental service for short-distance travel within university campus. This“UNiRIDE Electric E-Bike Rental Service Agreement” (“Agreement”) is between UNiRIDE Ecotour Sdn. Bhd. including its related parties, (hereinafter referred to as “the Company” or “us”) between the Service User (hereinafter referred to as the “User”) and the User regarding downloading, The use of “UNiRIDE electric E-Bike” software, and rental UNiRIDE electric E-Bikes, the use of electric E-Bike rental services provided by the agreement.
In consideration of UNiRIDE renting an Electric E-Bike (“E-Bike”) to Rider, Rider agrees to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICES.
- At any time and from time to time, and without Your consent, We may unilaterally amend, modify, or change this Agreement, in Our sole discretion and without any notice or cause.
- Therefore, please carefully review this Agreement on a regular basis to maintain awareness of all amendments, modifications, and changes.
E-Bikes are equipped with global positioning system devices. All of the foregoing equipment and other equipment consists of any E-Bike, in whole or part, shall be referred to as “UNiRIDE Equipment.”
1.4 HOW IT WORKS
- Sign Up as UNiRIDE member by downloading UNiRIDE app available in Google and Apple Playstore.
- A first payment of RM25 is required for account activation. RM5 will be deducted as the admin fee (non-refundable) and RM20 will be available in your UNiIRDE account.
- Once your account is activated (within 24 hours after completion of first payment) you are able to scan the code located on our E-bikes and enjoy the ride.
- You are completely responsible and liable for deliberately damages to the E-Bike you have rented.
- For your security, once the E-Bike is damaged, you should stop and return E-Bike at the designated UNiRIDE station within university campus, and report it. UNiRIDE will repair it as soon as possible.
- Rider’s period of E-Bike rental begins once it is Start Trip. The Rental Period ends when you have successfully End Trip at any UNiRIDE station within university campus. Additional fees will apply if your trip is not ended properly.
- Before using UNiRIDE Service, you should download UNiRIDE App, and register a user account.
- When registering, you should provide your personal information with your phone number and other necessary information for the proper usage of the UNiRIDE App.
- After successful registration, we will provide you with a personal account (“UNiRIDE Account”), which means that you have consented to and authorize us to use your personal information for the purpose of providing you with services.
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, UNiRIDE grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, revocable, non-transferrable license to:
- Access and use the Applications on your personal device solely in connection with your use of the Services; and
- Access and use any content, information and related materials that may be made available through the Services, in each case solely for your personal, non-commercial use. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by UNiRIDE and UNiRIDE’s licensors.
The Services and all rights therein are and shall remain UNiRIDE’s property or the property of UNiRIDE’s licensors. Neither these Terms nor your use of the Services convey or grant to you any rights:
- in or related to the Services except for the limited license granted above; or
- to use or reference in any manner UNiRIDE’s company names, logos, product and service names, trademarks or services marks or those of UNiRIDE’s licensors.
2.4 User Requirements and Conduct.
- The Service is not available for use by persons under the age of 12. You may not authorize third parties to use your Account, and you may not allow persons under the age of 12 to receive transportation or logistics services from Third Party Providers unless they are accompanied by you.
- You may not assign or otherwise transfer your Account to any other person or entity. You agree to comply with all applicable laws when using the Services, and you may only use the Services for lawful purposes (e.g., no transport of unlawful or hazardous materials).
- You will not in your use of the Services cause nuisance, annoyance, inconvenience, or property damage, whether to the Third Party Provider or any other party. In certain instances you may be asked to provide proof of identity to access or use the Services, and you agree that you may be denied access to or use of the Services if you refuse to provide proof of identity.
2.5 Text Messaging.
By creating an Account, you agree that the Services may send you informational text (SMS) messages as part of the normal business operation of your use of the Services.
2.6 Network Access and Devices.
You are responsible for obtaining the data network access necessary to use the Services. Your mobile network’s data and messaging rates and fees may apply if you access or use the Services from a wireless-enabled device. You are responsible for acquiring and updating compatible hardware or devices necessary to access and use the Services and Applications and any updates thereto. UNiRIDE does not guarantee that the Services, or any portion thereof, will function on any particular hardware or devices. In addition, the Services may be subject to malfunctions and delays inherent in the use of the Internet and electronic communications.
UNiRIDE Company is responsible for the daily running, maintenance and repair of the E-Bike. But it does not mean that the Company has the obligation to ensure that all available E-Bikes are in a trouble-free condition in real time. The rider should confirm the integrity of the components, efficiency, and familiarize with the performance of E-Bike and safety devices before using a bike.
If rider find that the E-Bike is broken, he (she) shall cancel reservation or stop using, and notify UNiRIDE about the problem. If the rider disregard the broken bike and continue use it, the rider should take responsibility for the behavior.
- You understand that use of the Services may result in charges to you for the services or goods you receive from a Third Party Provider (“Charges”). After you have received services or goods obtained through your use of the Service, UNiRIDE will facilitate your payment of the applicable Charges on behalf of the Third Party Provider, as such Third Party Provider’s limited payment collection agent.
- Payment of the Charges in such manner shall be considered the same as payment made directly by you to the Third Party Provider. Charges will be inclusive of applicable taxes where required by law.
- Once unlock, you should pay for the cost of using bike. Each bike in different countries has different price. We will inform you the price of the bike before reserving.
- The balance in “My Wallet”, only can be used to pay riding cost. It has no expiration date, not refundable and can only be transferred or donated to other UNiRIDE members subject to approval by UNiRIDE team.
4 RESTRICTIONS AND OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BIKE USE
4.1 REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES.
As a condition precedent to UNiRIDE’s agreement to allow Rider to participate in the Program and to rent an E-Bike, Rider represents and warrants to UNiRIDE that:
- Rider meets the minimum age requirements:
- 12 years of age or older to ride.
- Rider is experienced and familiar with the safe and competent operation of an E-Bike, and that he/she is physically and mentally fit to ride the Bike.
- Rider is familiar with all applicable local, state, and county rules, regulations, codes and laws that relate to the safe and legal operation of an E-Bike.
- We advise you to wear a helmet before riding for your safety.
4.2 ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS AND AGREEMENTS.
As a condition precedent to UNiRIDE’s agreement to allow Rider to participate in the Program and to rent an E-Bike, Rider acknowledges and agrees as follows:
- Rider is fully aware that riding an E-Bike on streets poses a risk of accident due to motorists, pedestrians, and road conditions, and rider must keep a proper lookout to avoid such accidents.
- Rider is fully trained and capable of operating and riding an E-Bike and is not relying on UNiRIDE to learn how to operate or ride an E- Bike.
- Rider is solely responsible for obtaining and using a helmet and protective gear.
- Rider is solely responsible for operating and riding an E-Bike in a careful and reasonably competent manner.
- A helmet and protective gear, even when used, does not eliminate the risk of bodily injury in the event of an accident.
- All E-Bikes are and shall remain the exclusive property of UNiRIDE at all times.
- Rider is solely responsible for any traffic violations and/or fines incurred by Rider while using the E-Bike, including any fees for parking the E-Bike in prohibited locations as accordance with the Laws of the Country in operation.
- UNiRIDE is not obligated to provide insurance of any kind related to Rider or Rider’s use of the E-Bike, and in the event that UNiRIDE, at its option, carries insurance, Rider shall remain liable for any liability, property damage, personal injury, injury to others, damages, penalties, fines, losses, and/or expenses of any kind whatsoever.
- If Rider causes damage to property or injury to another party while operating or in possession of the E-Bike, Rider is solely liable for such damage or injury.
- Rider shall return the E-Bike to UNiRIDE stations in the same condition as when received.
- Rider is liable for any and all damages resulting from improper use or abuse of the Bike and the cost of such damages.
- UNiRIDE provides E-Bikes as a convenience, and such rental availability is intended to be used only by those persons who are able and qualified to operate an E-Bike on their own and who have agreed to all terms and conditions of this Agreement.
As a condition precedent to UNiRIDE’s agreement to allow Rider to participate in the Program and to rent an E-Bike, Rider shall do the following during any use of a Bike (“Use Requirements”):
- Carefully inspect the E-Bike that Rider wishes to rent prior to use to ensure the Bike is good operating condition.
- Test the E-Bike’s operating components before proceeding with the intended use, including, but not limited to the brakes, tires, gears, pedals, lights, frame and saddle.
- Promptly notify UNiRIDE customer service of any defect, malfunction or needed repair to the E-Bike.
- Adjust the E-Bike riding behavior for safe operation according to weather conditions.
- Adjust the E-Bike riding behavior so that it is that of a reasonably experienced and prudent bike rider.
- Contact UNiRIDE customer service and local Police immediately in the event of theft of the E-Bike or an accident that occurred during Rider’s use of the E-Bike resulting in bodily injury.
4.4. RESTRICTED USES
Rider shall not do any of the following acts (“Restricted Uses”):
- Use any E-Bike if Rider is younger than 12 years of age.
- E-bikes are not allowed to be taken/ride outside campus.
- E-bikes must be returned or End Trip at our designated parking stations.
- Use any E-Bike if Rider has any existing physical or mental condition that would prohibit Rider from safely operating the E-Bike.
- Operate an E-Bike while carrying any item that impedes Rider’s ability to safely operate the E-Bike.
- Operate an E-Bike while under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or any other substance that impair Rider’s ability to safely operate the E-Bike.
- Use any cell phone or mobile electronic device, including, but not limited to, for the purposes of phone calls, text messages, music or any other use that distracts Rider from the safe operation of the E-Bike.
- Allow any other person to use the E-Bike or allow more than one person to be carried on the Bike.
- Overfill the E-Bike basket or place objects weighing in total more 9 kilograms in the Bike basket.
- Violate any applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Operate or use an E-Bike in any manner during adverse weather conditions, including but not limited to: hail, dust storms, fog, heavy rains, or lightning storms.
- Ride or operate an E-Bike that has any defect, fails to operate as a properly functioning E-Bike or that is in need of repair.
- Continue using the E-Bike if it, or any component of it, should become defective or malfunction.
- Use the E-Bike for racing, tricks riding, jumping, stunt riding and/or, off-road riding.
- Use the E-Bike for any commercial purposes.
- Tow, pull, carry or push any person or object with an E-Bike.
- Remove or modify any accessories, parts or components of any E-Bike.
- Ride the Bike without paying applicable user fees at the time they become due.
5 SERVICE LIMITATIONS
Rider acknowledges and agrees that from and after the date that UNiRIDE makes E-Bikes available to the public for rental, UNiRIDE may suspend all or part of its E-Bike rental program at any time, may relocate Stations, reduce the number of E-Bikes available for rent and otherwise operate its E-Bike rental program in its sole discretion.
Rider further acknowledges that UNiRIDE may suspend the availability of E-Bikes during adverse weather conditions, or may be required to suspend the rental of E-Bikes by the University instruction in which the E-Bikes are located.
Rider shall not be entitled to a refund of any fees for unused rental periods unless UNiRIDE Team has approved on unfortunate circumstances. UNiRIDE does not represent or warrant that E-Bikes will be available for rental at any locations at any time. UNiRIDE may require the return of its E-Bikes at any time.
6 RELEASES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
6.1 For and in consideration of rental and use of the E-Bike, Rider, for itself and on behalf of Rider’s heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, forever releases and relinquishes and discharges:
- UNiRIDE and UNiRIDE’s officers, boards and commissions, members, managers, employees, suppliers, agents, representatives,
- any municipality with which UNIRIDE has contracted with to provide electric bicycle (E-bike) sharing program, and
- any owner of property with which University has contracted with to provide real property on which a bike share facility, including, without limitation, stations, hubs, racks, intended for bike share use (all, collectively, the “UNiRIDE parties”) from any and all claims, demands, disputes, losses, liabilities, debts, liens, charges, penalties, proceedings, causes of action and damages including for personal injury, wrongful death, property damage, and injury to rider or to third parties (collectively, “claims”), including unknown or unanticipated claims, which arise from or are related directly or indirectly to this agreement or the rental, maintenance, design, use and/or operation of the UNiRIDE equipment, including the E-Bikes, or the UNIRIDE website, including any and all claims related to the sole or partial negligence of UNiRIDE , the UNiRIDE parties or any other party. Rider hereby expressly waives any claims against the UNiRIDE parties which Rider does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of renting an E-Bike, and expressly waives Rider’s rights under any statutes that purport to preserve Rider’s unknown claims.
6.2 In no event will Rider claim that UNiRIDE parties individually or collectively did not adequately train Rider, or provide Rider with adequate instructions necessary, to ride the E-Bike in the same manner as a person who is an experienced bike rider who has been trained to ride a bike in a safe and careful manner.
7 ASSUMPTIONS OF RISKS; DISCLAIMER.
- Rider expressly acknowledges and accepts that Rider’s rental and use of the E-Bike is at his/her own risk.
- Rider accepts the bike for use after exercising his/her own free choice to participate voluntarily in this activity and after having inspected the E-Bike and certifying that is in good operating condition.
- Rider understands that bicycling may be a hazardous activity. rider acknowledges, understands and assumes all risk relating to the rental, maintenance, design, use and/or operation of the UNiRIDE equipment, including the E-Bikes, and the UNiRIDE website and understands that bicycling involves risk to the rider and others including damages, bodily injury, partial or total disability, paralysis and death to rider or others, and that rider has full knowledge of said risks and dangers, including such risks, damages and injuries that may arise from the negligence of others or as a result of roadway conditions.
- All E-Bikes and other UNiRIDE equipment are provided “as is” and without any warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, written or oral, including, without limitation, any warranty of merchantability, quality or fitness for a particular purpose. UNiRIDE and the UNiRIDE parties hereby disclaim any claim in tort (including negligence, product liability or strict liability).
8 DISPUTE RESOLUTION.
Rider agrees that UNiRIDE, at its sole discretion, may submit any disputes whatsoever arising out of, resulting from, and/or relating to this Agreement, Rider’s use of UNiRIDE’s Equipment, including, without limitation, E-Bikes, and/or the UNiRIDE website, to competent court in MALAYSIA. And this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the MALAYSIA Government without regard to conflicts of law provisions.
Rider shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless UNiRIDE for, from and against any and all Claims related to or arising out of this Agreement, including, but not limited to Rider’s breach of any representations, warranties or covenants set forth in this Agreement, and the rental, maintenance, design, use or operation of the E-Bike, the Locks, and/or the UNiRIDE website, even where caused in whole or in part by UNiRIDE’s negligence, and/or the negligence of others, whether presently known or unknown.
At UNiRIDE’s option, Rider will assume control of the defense and settlement of any Claim subject to indemnification by Rider (provided that, in such event, UNiRIDE may at any time elect to take over control of the defense and settlement of any such Claim). In no event may Rider settle any Claim without UNiRIDE’s prior written consent.
UNiRIDE may assign its rights and duties under this Agreement to any party at any time without notice to Rider.
11 NO WAIVER
UNiRIDE’s failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. Neither the course of conduct between the parties nor trade practice shall act to modify any part of this Agreement. No waiver by UNiRIDE shall be construed as a waiver of any proceeding or succeeding breach of any provision in this Agreement.
12 TERMINATION OF AGREEMENT
UNiRIDE may terminate this Agreement at any time, without cause, legal process, or notice to the Rider and Rider’s use of the System is “at the will” of UNiRIDE. Rider waives all claims, causes of actions, expenses, and/or damages connected and/or related to any such termination. Rider shall not be entitled to a refund of any amount paid for unused rental periods if this Agreement is terminated for cause. Rider may terminate Rider’s rental plan at any time; provided, however, that no refund will be provided by UNiRIDE for time already used by Rider.
If any provision of this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law, the remaining provisions of the Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
All provisions of this Agreement relating to limitation and exclusion of liability, waivers, assumption of risk, warranties and indemnification obligations shall survive the termination of this Agreement, and all amounts unpaid at the time of termination or expiration of this Agreement shall remain due and payable.
15 PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
You agree and consent to the Company using and processing your Personal Data for the Purposes and in the manner as identified hereunder.
For the purposes of this Agreement, “Personal Data” means information about you, from which you are identifiable, including but not limited to your name, identification card number, birth certificate number, passport number, nationality, address, telephone number, credit or debit card details, race, gender, date of birth, email address, any information about you which you have provided to the Company in registration forms, application forms or any other similar forms and/or any information about you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by the Company from time to time and includes sensitive personal data such as data relating to health, religious or other similar beliefs.
The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary. However, if you do not provide the Company your Personal Data, your request for the Application may be incomplete and the Company will not be able to process your Personal Data for the Purposes outlined below and may cause the Company to be unable to allow you to use the Service.
The Company may use and process your Personal Data for business and activities of the Company which shall include, without limitation the following (the “Purpose”):
- To perform the Company’s obligations in respect of any contract entered with you;
- To process your participation in any events, promotions, activities, focus groups, research studies, contests, promotions, polls, surveys or any productions and to communicate with you regarding your attendance thereto;
- To respond to questions, comments and feedback from you;
- To communicate with you for any of the purposes listed herein;
- For internal administrative purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, database records;
- For purposes of detection, prevention and prosecution of crime;
- For the Company to comply with its obligations under law;
- To send you alerts, newsletters, updates, mailers, promotional materials, special privileges, festive greetings from the Company, its partners, advertisers and or sponsors;
- To notify and invite you to events or activities organised by the Company, its partners, advertisers, and or sponsors; and/or
- To share your Personal Data amongst the companies within the Company’s group of companies comprising the subsidiaries, associate companies and or jointly controlled entities of the holding company of the group (the “Group”) and with the Company’s and Group’s agents, third party providers, developers, advertisers, partners, event companies or sponsors who may communicate with you for any reasons whatsoever.
If you do not consent to the Company processing your Personal Data for any of the Purposes, please notify the Company using the support contact details as provided in the Application.
If any of the Personal Data that you have provided to us changes, for example, if you change your e-mail address, telephone number, payment details or if you wish to cancel your account, please update your details by sending your request to the support contact details as provided in the Application.
16 Third Party Interactions
During use of the Service, you may enter into correspondence with, purchase goods and/or services from, or participate in promotions of third party providers, advertisers or sponsors showing their goods and/or services through the Service, the Software and/or the Application. Any such activity, and any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such activity are solely between you and the applicable third-party.
The Company and its licensors shall have no liability, obligation or responsibility for any such correspondence, purchase, transaction or promotion between you and any such third-party.
The Group does not endorse any applications or sites on the Internet that are linked through the Service, the Application and/or the Software, and in no event, shall the Company, its licensors or the Group be responsible for any content, products, services or other materials on or available from such sites or third party providers.
The Company reserves the right to charge you a higher fee for or deny you use of the Service should you choose not to receive these advertising services. This higher fee, if applicable, will be posted on the Company’s website located at http://www.uniride.com.my
You agree and allow the Company to compile and release information regarding you and your use of the Service on an anonymous basis as part of a customer profile or similar report or analysis. You agree that it is your responsibility to take all precautions in all actions and interactions with any third party transportation provider, other third party providers, advertisers and/or sponsors you interact with through the Service and/or advertising or marketing material supplied through the Service.
17 CUSTOMER SUPPORT
If you encounter any problem using UNiRIDE, you can report it with the APP by click customer services. We encourage you to submit your comment.
Besides, you can contact us in these ways:
Company: UNiRIDE Ecotour Sdn. Bhd.
Telephone / Whatsapp: (Universiti Malaya) 012-800 3272
(International Islamic University Malaysia) 010-4003272
Follow us on Instagram: @uniridemalaysia
Follow us on Facebook: @uniridemalaysia